- Adult Learning
- Attendance & Holidays
- Breakfast / After School Care
- Online Safety
- Free School Meals For ALL
- General Information
- Letters for Parents
- Marvellous Me
- Parent Coffee and Information Mornings
- Pupil Premium
- Online Payments
- Secondary School Application
- School Meals
- School Uniform
- Sports Premium
- Term Dates
- The School Day
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The Department for Education (DfE) published a new special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) Code of Practice on 30 July 2014. It came into force from 1 September 2014, replacing the previous 2001 Code. The Code of Practice (2014) covers the 0-25 age range and includes guidance relating to children and young people with a disability as well as those with special educational needs (SEN).
Hackney Local Authority have published a local offer which sets out information about provision they expect to be available for children and young people in their area who have SEND, including those who do not have EHC plans. The two key purposes of the local offer are to:
1. Provide clear, comprehensive and accessible and up-to-date information about the available provision and how to access it.
2. Make provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations by directly involving children and young people with SEN or disabilities, parents and carers and service providers in its development and review.
To find out more about the local offer please click here.
Our School SEND Information Report (School Offer)
SEND Information Report (School Offer)
Our SEND Co-ordinator is Georgia Habanananda (Inclusion Manager). Mrs Habanananda is also the head of Inclusion and Admissions and is the Designated Safeguarding Lead. If you would like to arrange an appointment to meet with her, please ask at the school office.